Dental plaque is a thin microbial layer everyone has heard the term at some point in life, at the dentist or in the media related to oral hygiene products. It is actually a thin layer of invisible bacteria that adheres in the area of ​​the teeth and gums, several kinds of aerobic and anaerobic bacteria that proliferate thanks to the decomposition of our food (not just sugars) and produce an acid product. The acid in contact with the tooth causes the disintegration / dissolution of the tissues of the teeth produces a hole or cavities called caries, and the acid in contact with the gums causes ulcers / wounds causing gingivitis and then, without proper hygiene, these bacteria proliferate in the periodontal pocket, which causes periodontal disease.

The process of plaque formation: The species of bacteria found on plaque are permanently present in the oral cavity, are not harmful and cannot be eliminated by any method. After a few hours of correct tooth brushing it is scientifically proven, some bacteria begin to adhere back to the teeth and gums, and create with substances present in the mouth the beginning of the plaque to which other species are added, in this stage the rinse cannot remove the plaque only a mechanical action of brushing and accessories for cleaning between the teeth can eliminate them, and after three days begins the production of acid that affects the tooth and gums and after a few days without correct brushing  the thin invisible layer becomes a milky-looking layer thick white and oily, can even be removed with the nail. This thicker layer allows the layer adjacent to the teeth and gums to be more anaerobic producing toxins and acids that further damage the gums. After a week, calcium begins to deposit on the plaque from the saliva and begins the production of the layer called tartar. This favors the deterioration and the greater accumulation of tartar that can only be eliminated in the dental clinic.

How can plaque be prevented? In fact, you cannot avoid the formation as mentioned above after a few hours of it starts to form but it is important to understand that the harmful effects on the tooth and gums by the acid occurs after three days therefore it is recommended once a day brushing correctly and meticulously.

How do I know that I have removed the plaque? Because the plaque is an invisible layer, we cannot see whether we have removed it or not. However, to overcome this problem we can help with color tinting, similar to those used in laboratories to see the germs. these liquid or tablets products paint the plaque of a red or pink color, thanks to this we can see the plaque around the teeth and gums. First apply a couple of drops on the tongue or chew the tablet in the mouth without swallowing it and move the tongue over all the teeth on the outside and inside and magically we see parts stained red and white areas that shows us where not we had cleaned and removed the plaque then we have to take the brush again and remove the red stained areas until the removal of the all plaque, so we learn how to improve and correct our brushing. After several days of testing you will remove plaque correctly

These materials can be obtained at all pharmacies and are bacterial plaque developers in liquid or tablets disclosing.