A product as its name implies is a rinse for use in the oral cavity, as an aid to oral hygiene. There are many types of mouthwashes from different companies that cause great confusion at the time of purchase.
There are several types for different purposes: household mouthwashes, rinses for good taste, mouthwashes for strengthening teeth, antiseptic mouthwashes, mouthwashes for gum treatment, mouthwashes for bad breath, mouthwashes for dry mouth.
Housemade mouthwashes: we do them alone at home, for example, water with salt or baking soda These have been in use for thousands of years, salt is a balancer and pH stabilizer so that bacteria cannot survive or reproduce in other ph and these are also considered disinfectants, it is effective, cheap,can be bought worldwide,harmless, and especially recommended in situations of infections, wounds, after surgical operations in the oral cavity. Mix one teaspoon of salt / baking soda in a glass of warm water.
Rinses for good taste: Contains materials for good taste, are cheap and simple (theedant) use as needed
Enamel Enhancement mouthwashes: Contains a lot of fluoride, to protect and strengthen teeth (Elmex)
Antiseptic mouthwashes: Contains an antibacterial agent called chloroxidine, it is recommended followed by a surgical procedure in the mouth to avoid infections after surgery. (Corsodyl, Tarodant, Laser, eludril, etc.). Use is limited to 14 days under the supervision of the dentist, paints the teeth with a dark coat. This group also includes Listerine that contains disinfectant that can be used daily.
Gingivitis mouthwashes: The same companies that make gum treatment toothpastes also produce rinses (Paradontax, Meridol)
mouthwashes for bad odor: two liquids one soluble in water and the other in oil of different colors, after shaking for 30 seconds until a uniform color is poured into the measuring cup and rinsed, before named Assuta today as Orbitol.
Dry mouth mouthwashes: for people suffering from dry mouth BOITENE / SALIVAKAL.
Iron mouthwashes rules
1) Rinses not for children under 8 years as they do not even control the reflex and swallow the mouthwashes
2) The mouthwashes efficiency is still in doubt as it does not penetrate deeply between the teeth or gums
4) Recommended without alcohol, this dry mouth
5) Do not dilute the material has already been diluted in its manufacture
6) Fill the measuring cup which is the recommended dose
7) The measuring cup must be taken at least 2-3 turns of rinse
8) The most important thing is to keep the material for about 30 seconds, and circulate in the mouth from the left to the right less than 20 seconds is not effective
9) There is no need for daily use all year round only for cases recommended by the dentist to treat a particular problem after surgery, dry mouth etc.